Seiten

Sonntag, 25. Oktober 2015

What I want to do with this blog. Again.

After a long break this blog has shown renewed activity in the past days. I decided to give this blog another go. I am currently (still) going through unstable times in my life, which lead to the break down of this blog a year or so ago. I blogged in the past and I thought it would be a waste to not continue as this is also writing practice for me and one way to stop my English proficiency from falling apart (my mother tongue is German I remind you).

The core concept of the blog remains the same.

As I am a reader of mostly Stephen King, fantasy and science fiction literature I want this to be the place to leave my afterthoughts in written form for the wider net public but also myself.

I don't play as often and as fast through video games as I did in the past, but still I'd like to comment on my progress as a patient gamer. As I have a huge back log of games and only spare money the platform of my choice remains the good old Xbox 360. For now.

For a year or so I (re-)started playing Magic The Gathering which has become one of my favorite activities to do with friends and family. I don't claim for myself to be an expert, but to be a regular casual player participating in pre-releases at the local game store and every once in a while in an official Friday Night Magic. So why not share my thoughts on Magic as well and publish a few decklists while am at it?

I also enjoy good movies. And with good movies I mean action, fantasy, science fiction, etc. movies old and new. My favorite actor remains Arnold Schwarzenegger, so that should give you an idea of what to expect. I'm not a 'cineast', my foremost priority when watching a movie is to be well entertained and in the best case to be immersed and taken away. When it comes to classic movies considered masterpieces by the wider public I admid there are some gaps to fill on my behalf (e.g. watched Kubrick's 2001 A Space Odyssey for the first time a few months back and was blown away). Which gives me even more to blog about.

When thinking of TV shows I must admit I am very focussed on American TV shows. These, to me, usually have the best narrative structures and most convenient episode lengths. My history with this medium is from Lost and Prison Break to newer shows like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones (the book is superior, no argument). My favorite show, however, remains The Walking Dead.

As I said I am going through some tough times and I re-discovered my roots in Heavy Metal and Rock'n'Roll as well. My specific taste seems to be power and thrash metal from the 1980s and 1990s, but sometimes there are unexpected exceptions like the latest Iron Maiden album 'Book of Souls'. In any case, listening to guitar music has a healing effect on my psyche and delivers a sense of freedom. As a German I also have the advantage of living (relatively) close to the Wacken Open Air, Europe's biggest metal festival. Anyway, so there'll be posts on metal, too.

Lastly, politics. ... No, I'll try not to get into this here. Let's spare us endless and frustrating discussions.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen