Seiten

Mittwoch, 28. Mai 2014

Godzilla 2014 vs. Pacific Rim?

As an old Godzilla fan of course I had to see the latest try to modernize Godzilla. It certainly worked better than Roland Emmerich's T-Rex Godzilla, that's for sure. I enjoyed this one a lot as I found that they got Godzilla right. Unfortunately neither the two 'Muto'-opponents were similarly interesting as they basically were overblown Starship Troopers bugs nor the human side story was convincing. I felt like this sideplot took too much time away from the much cooler Godzilla fights. Still, I felt well entertained by this movie.


However, I wonder whether Godzilla or Pacific Rim was the cooler giant monster movie. I guess storywise Kaiju was much more interesting as it introduece a whole new universe and interesting characters. But the new Godzilla (the character itself) was truly great, just it's surrounding story felt a bit artificial. I enjoyed both, but to me Pacific Rim was probably the better giant monster movie as it was rounder on the edges and had an interesting story beside the monster fights.



The only chance to find out for sure would be a cross over. Do it!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen