Seiten

Dienstag, 17. November 2015

Finished (non-D.C.) Deus Ex: Human Revolution today on 'Give Me Deus Ex'-difficulty.

Finally I'm done with that game. It started really great, but became somewhat of a nuisance the second half of the game. I don't like backtracking too much and so was not eagerly satisfied when travelling back to Detroit and Hengsha for a 2nd time. I also think that there were no true RPG decisions that influenced the course of the game, even while the game hinted at these in the beginning. Never saw that guy from the first level again after I let him go and he said he'd remember that. Level design was mediocre eventually . Endless staircases without walkways and doors between floors don't strike me as realistic. Worst of it all however were the boss fights - playing on hardest difficulty made me play the game with stealth. The boss fights then were pure shooting around as much as possible. Somehow I managed to survive through all of them, but especially the fight against Jaron Namir with all that tech-pollution was a pain in the ass and I was this close to toning the difficulty down. But I prevailed. One of the worst game design decisions was to make melee dependend of those energy bricks.
Sounds quite bad, doesn't it? But there were also aspects where the game shines - the story included deep ideas about morals and technology, the art design and voice acting are top notch. The game had great ambitions, but fell a little short to these. Still worth playing. I, however, hope that the sequel will deliver on the promise.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen